Tucson’s Computer Repair and Services from Advantage Mirco
Diagnostics are the first step in all PC and Laptop repairs. That’s why any computer repair services we provide may require a thorough hardware and software diagnostic scan to ascertain the causes of not only problems you notice, but other issues that may not be readily apparent. When you bring your computer to us for repairs, we require all diagnostics fees to be paid up front. These services are highly recommended and are non-refundable.
Desktop Computer Diagnostics $49.00 minimum
Laptop/Netbook Diagnostics $89.00 minimum
External Hardware Testing *$89.00 per hour
* This means testing and troubleshooting the functionality of specific external hardware with a problematic machine which you have brought to us for repair, (i.e. If you want us to test your printers, scanners, monitors, USB devices, mice or keyboards with your computer)
Computer repairs involve a plethora of tailored methods and procedures to provide solutions for both hardware and software problems you may be having. Cost and effectiveness of such methods may vary depending on the degree of severity and time to implement such a solution. Listed here are a few of the solutions most commonly used.
General software cleanup $89.00
· This involves deleting temporary files, adjusting startup processes and services, as well as file and environment optimization techniques. We also bring your operating sytsem and common applications up to date. This may also include installation of security software purchased through us.
Rogueware Malware and Virus cleaning $139.00
· This solution involves a number of time consuming scan and clean methods which include, but are not limited to, the removal of rogue-ware, spy-ware, tracking cookies, ad-ware, malware, virus’s and root-kits from your system. The only solution we have found to properly protect yourself from these types of infections is the purchase and installation of Avast! Antivirus Pro version 4.8 (licensed) or Avast! Antivirus Pro version 5.0 (licensed) and Malwarebytes Antimalware version 1.46 (licensed). Any of which can be purchased and installed through us. Without protection, it is almost certain that a system connected to the internet will become heavily infected.
Repair Installation $139.00
· This involves the time consuming task of partially reinstalling the operating system paired with extensive infection cleanup processes. This solution is needed when a human or malicious piece of software overwrites an inordinate amount of the OS with malicious code. This can completely cripple any repair efforts and render a computer system useless. In order to repair the system to a stable work environment for repairs, some of the core operating system elements must be repaired and /or replaced. This process could clear or reset some of the custom settings in your operating system rendering applications unusable or even deleting some personal data. It is highly recommended you use localized backup methods to protect yourself against data loss in the event this type of repair is warranted.
Complete OS Reinstallation
Windows XP, $199.00
Windows Vista, $199.00
Windows 7, $169.00
· In certain situations when a catastrophic hardware failure occurs, or when enough of an operating system has become compromised by malicious software, a complete wipe of a hard drive, and re-installation of the operating system, may be needed. In this process we first attempt to backup the entire offending drive to an image located on our on-site backup server. (This backup process may require data recovery services) We then completely wipe the hard drive of all data, reinstall your operating system, and reinstall the systems device drivers. Finally, we reinstall required software and restore the personal data files from our backup server to the appropriate locations on your computer’s hard drive.
Unfortunately, this process removes everything from your system and attempts to reconstruct it from scratch. This means that all applications and settings will be removed and you will be given a fresh installation of the operating system. Your settings and environment options may or may not be able to be re-instituted. Furthermore, your applications and their settings may or may not be salvageable. For this reason it is our policy that in order to reinstall peripheral software and applications you must provide us with a legal source medium (i.e. original software CD or DVD) from which to install it, and any license keys that may be needed. In the event something was not transferred over to your new installation from our initial backup image, all backup images we make in this process remain on our secured backup server for a period of 30 days.
Data Recovery $95.00 per hour
· In the event you have a catastrophic hard drive or operating system failure, we offer data recovery services to help you get back potentially lost or deleted data. Data recovery is an exhaustive and time consuming process that can sometimes engulf an otherwise highly skilled technician in hours of constant manual thermal attenuation or massive reworking of circuit boards and other hardware. For this reason it is sometimes necessary to either compound, or in some instances include, our data recovery services with our other repair services.
|Please Note: We cannot be held responsible for data that has been damaged or lost due to software or hardware problems you may have experienced. We also have no way of effecting the appropriate repairs if we do not have a detailed description of the problem. Please be as thorough as you can when discussing your particular issues with us.|
Sometimes the solution you need will require a technician or engineer to come to you. That’s why we offer on-site troubleshooting and support services to help you overcome a wide range of home and business computing issues. The services we provide include but are not limited to;
Printer Troubleshooting & Repair
Network Installation and Maintenance
Network Troubleshooting & Repair
Software Installation & Setup
Electrical & Environmental Analysis
Media Hardware Installation
Hardware & Software Technical Support
On-Site Service **$95.00 per hour
**Some on-sites may require extra fees to compensate for travel expenses incurred. Furthermore, some on-site issues may also require hardware to be relocated to our shop for further troubleshooting and/or repairs.